India’s current sewage treatment situation.

Sewage generated in India
For a country like India which is looking to revolutionise its sewage wastewater management systems the gaps in the functionality of current treatment systems are very high. The CPCB’s 2015 census report states that out of India’s 816 STP’s , only about 522 are fully operational and do not meet their entire capacity of treating sewage.

While the coverage of sewage treatment and toilet facilities has greatly risen under the 2014 Swachh Bharat Mission, about 60% of the urban population depends on On-site treatment systems and the remaining 40% are serviced by the sewerage systems.

In metro cities like Mumbai, housing projects with more than 20,000 sq metres are given clearance upon the condition that they treat solid waste in-house, making it mandatory for them to have functional and compliant private STPs. With the introduction of new norms comes problems associated with land availability and the overall lack of the right knowledge and software to efficiently treat the sewage while managing costs and abiding by discharge norms.

To address current sewage challenges faced in residential STP’s, hospitals, malls, hotels , educational institutes and municipal STP’s, Organica Biotech adopts solutions by leveraging biological technology to lower overall OPEX and CAPEX costs.

To know more: https://organicabiotech.com/wastewater-treatment/sewage-treatment/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *