Best Gardening Tips and How It Can Help Save the Planet Earth
Starting a garden is one of the best things you can do for yourself and the environment. As soon as you see the colourful blooms, smell the splendid fragrance and experience the happy vibes of the plants, gardening will indeed seem rewarding. What’s more, setting up house plants and gardens at home is known to purify the air, boost the mood and spreads positivity around.
Besides the health benefits, gardening activities and growing your own food, directly and indirectly impacts the environment positively. It minimizes carbon footprint, prevents soil erosion, and replenishes nutrients in the soil and much more. Thus, gardening can save the planet Earth.
If you are new to gardening, here are some of the best tips to begin.
Pick Your Plants
First of all, consider what plants you would like to grow in the garden. It is essential to pick up those plants that can adapt to the climatic conditions, type of soil and the availability of sunlight at your place. Some of the plants you can grow easily include sunflower, marigold, day-lilies, Russian sage etc. If you prefer vegetables, try cucumber, tomato, pepper etc. Remember to begin small and then expand as you understand gardening better.
Choose the Perfect Spot
Most of the plants, including flowers, vegetables and fruits need a good amount of sunlight between 6-8 hours every day. Therefore, do your homework and figure out spots where sunlight is full and the parts where it is partial. It would be wise to find complete details regarding the sunlight requirements of plants from the place you buy them. Once you know about different plants and their sunlight requirements, choose the perfect spot to grow them.
Water the Plants Sufficiently
It is important to water the plants daily as you wouldn’t want seedlings to dry out. Also, water the plants till the roots are strong enough. Depending on different factors like temperature, humidity, soil type and rainfall, sufficient amount of water should be supplied to the plants.
Also, you can push your finger a few inches into the soil and find out if it is dry. Avoid watering when it is too hot and know that morning and dusk is the best time to water the plants.
Soil rich in nutrients is one of the basic requirements for a rewarding garden. Many a times, the soil available in your space may be infertile, acidic, alkaline or of low quality. The residential soil usually requires an additional boost in the form of soil revitalizer and probiotics. Instead of using chemical fertilizers, you can use natural soil revitalizer like MagicGro Plant Care from Organica Biotech. It is made with soil probiotic microbes that help in the growth of plants, boost nutrient uptake, and improves flower pigmentation. Plus, it protects plants against diseases.
Also, you should work the soil either by tilling or digging which eventually helps roots to access water and nutrients more easily.
How can gardening help save the planet Earth?
- Carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is increasing at an alarming rate. Since plants intake carbon dioxide as part of the photosynthesis process and release oxygen, gardening can help purify the air and help the environment, maintaining the right balance.
- Various plants and flowers in your garden can contribute to the pollination process which is essential for providing food for the next generation. Therefore, birds, bees and butterflies can get attracted to your garden and help in pollination.
- Growing vegetables and fruits in the garden and consuming it at home saves the environment. How? Most of the food we eat requires travelling to the stores which in turn means burning fuel and increasing carbon footprint. Moreover, everything available in the market or store involves transportation.
- Soil erosion is one of the major problems affecting the environment globally. Certain plants with their strong roots can hold the soil and prevent erosion problems. Such plants can be grown in the garden and prevent soil erosion from occurring.
- Soil replenishment can be achieved with gardening. Different plants use organic materials falling from plants like dried leaves and decaying plant parts to form the topsoil and thus no fertilizers are required.
But due to multiple factors like changing climate and soil quality, the plants grown in gardens are poor and unhealthy. As mentioned before, soil revitalizer can be used to grow plants with high quality. MagicGro Plant Care from Organica Biotech is a natural, safe and eco-friendly product which keeps plants green and healthy. You can use the natural soil revitalizer to grow plants in the garden and save planet Earth as well.
Also read: How To Take Care Of Indoor Plants
Also read: Science Up Your Home And Kitchen Gardens